The Maranatha House
Ncompass decided in 2007 to expand its ministry and service abroad by partnering on a small scale with another local nonprofit organization, the Amber Outreach Project, to provide support to an orphanage in the small village of Titanyen. Titanyen is located on the coast about 45 minutes outside of Port Au Prince, Haiti.
In 2011, Ncompass became the primary supporter of the Maranatha House Orphanage. Through your partnership, we are able to provide nutritious meals, education, and housing for 26 beautiful children. Additionally, we provide transitional support for 13 older children and education for nearly 100 more students in the village.
- Population: 9.9 million
- Gross national income per capita is US$660
- 78% of Haitians are poor (less than US$2 a day), and more than half (54%) live in extreme poverty (less than US$1 a day)
- Over two-thirds of the labor force do not have formal jobs
- Life expectancy is 61 years
- Half of children under 5 are malnourished
- 50% of primary school age children are not enrolled in school. One-third of girls over six never go to school.
- 37.9% of the population is unable to read or write, as compared to only 12% illiteracy in the rest of Latin America
GET INVOLVED WITH US IN HAITI